If you are interested in applying for a position with The Shaw Group please submit your resume and cover letter:
Confidential Fax: to 902-883-8151
In Person: 1101 Hwy 2, Lantz, NS
Please outline the position you are applying for. Your interest in working with The Shaw Group is appreciated. All applications will be given consideration, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Why work for The Shaw Group?
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table.
Vice President, Business Development
As a subsidiary of the Shaw Group, Clayton Developments Limited is a part of over 150 years of business success in Atlantic Canada and has carved out a reputation as an industry leader in successful community development. Clayton has developed many of Atlantic Canada’s most prestigious and innovative communities including Clayton Park, Clayton Park West, Colby Village, Sheffield-in-the-Park, Portland Hills, The Ravines of Bedford South, and Russell Lake West. The Parks of Bedford West is their newest and largest community, anticipating homes for up to 20,000 residents over the next 20 years. With a remarkable commitment to customer satisfaction, we are very proud of our reputation as a trusted community developer.
To support its continued growth and success Clayton Developments is seeking an individual for the position of Vice President, Business Development to succeed the retiring incumbent. As a member of the senior management team this individual will set the overall strategic vision for the company’s business development, sales and marketing initiatives. This position will be responsible for leading the Sales and Marketing team to build a growth strategy and identify opportunities for market expansion. Integrity, motivation and passion are essential qualities to be successful in this role.
Reporting to the President of Clayton Developments Limited you will:
- Build and maintain exceptional client relationships with the goal of proactively anticipating their needs to ensure
- Clayton Developments continues to be a community builder of choice.
- Identify business prospects and anticipate emerging market opportunities.
- Be accountable for revenue generation & growth, and managing operating overheads.
- Represent and help manage our brand by generating publicity opportunities.
- Develop and implement strategically focused marketing initiatives to best market our communities.
- Coach and develop a high performing sales and marketing team.
- Provide leadership together with innovative, creative and new ideas when building the annual business development, sales and marketing plans.
- Oversee and coordinate sales and marketing committees for our various projects.
- Act as a liaison with our joint venture partners to encourage positive and productive relationships between partners.
- Take the lead in industry associations and stay up to date with housing and market trends.
As a dynamic and innovative leader your background includes:
- Over ten years of business development success in an executive role
- Leading a high performing team
- Designing and executing effective business development plans
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Natural strength in managing complex negotiations
- Outstanding relationship building skills
- Strong understanding of legal documents
- Post- Secondary Education and experience in the real estate industry will be considered an asset
The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada’s leading natural resource manufacturers and community developers. Shaw Resources is a division of the Shaw Group of Companies. Shaw Resources has developed a range of value-added natural resource based products in industrial minerals and wood pellets for industrial, commercial and retail markets. Quality products, processing expertise, and market knowledge have helped Shaw Resources sustain growth founded on innovation and new markets.
We are currently looking for a strong leader in Operations Management with a solid background in Industrial Minerals and Surficial Geology to join our Shaw Resources Management Team. Your Geology background will make you integral to the planning, approvals process, and management of strategic aggregate reserves for the division. Your home base will be Hardwoodlands, NS. You will be driven by P&L results, working with the sales group to grow sales, and leading people to gain operating efficiencies. You are ready for the next challenge in your career and are looking for a company to grow with.
As an integral part of our team you will:
- Drive the planning and execution of a Sand & Gravel operation with open pit extraction operations, wash-plant & drying plants, and packaging facilities
- Provide leadership, coordination, and direction on a daily basis to an operations team while further fostering a safety culture
- Focus on key performance indicators for continuous improvement to achieve operational excellence
- Drive business results and play a key role on a collaborative management team.
- Post-Secondary academic degree in Geology
- Professional Geoscience
- Previous management and personnel experience with direct reports
- Proven results in operations planning and control of a budget
- Experience in a mineral processing or related manufacturing operation
- Career related experience in surficial mapping and mineral exploration
- Experience with compliance to Environmental Industrial Site Operating Approvals
- Understanding and experience in the governmental approvals process for aggregate/crown minerals
- Background knowledge in chemistry and materials testing an asset
- Demonstrate skill in ability to communicate with customers, neighbours and private land owners
- Commitment to the implementation of an occupational health and safety program
Why work for our Shaw Resources team?
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. And we like people with a “let’s get it done” attitude!