The Shaw Group of companies, one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada, is one of Eastern Canada’s leading natural resource manufacturers and community developers. Shaw Precast Solutions has a state-of-the-art production facility located in Lantz. With safety as our priority, we are known for our commitment to provide the highest quality concrete pipe and manhole products. We also design and produce specialty concrete products, such as bridges, sewage and storm water treatment systems, and retaining walls.
We are currently looking for a Licensed Carpenter with a “can-do” attitude to support the production of our products by building wooden forms and frames, including specialized products using curves and angles.
The successful candidate must:
- Be a licensed carpenter, competent in the use and maintenance of related tools and equipment.
- Have a team focused mindset, have strong communication skills, and practice safe work habits at all times.
- Have a sense of urgency, as required in a production setting, is critical. Consideration will be given to an apprentice carpenter who is committed to becoming fully licensed.
- Be willing to complete other duties such as (but not limited to) pouring concrete and tying rebar when required.
Shaw Precast Solutions
Our Shaw Precast Solutions division is in immediate need of Labourers. These are temporary positions with the possibility for permanent roles depending on business needs.
We require individuals who are capable of physically demanding labour, are safety conscious and comfortable in an industrial environment. We are interested in those who have good work ethic, a positive attitude and who can work well with others.
We are currently recruiting a MECHANIC to do regular maintenance and service (oil, grease and filter, change tires, belt, etc.) to mobile equipment; to assist licensed mechanics with repairs to mobile equipment; to keep records of service and repairs to equipment; to keep an inventory of materials required for service and maintenance and ensure available when needed; and to keep work area clean and organized. Will be required to perform other duties as assigned
• Grade XII or equivalent
• Post-secondary training and/or experience in a mechanical field will be considered an asset
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Strong sense of safety.
• Applicable safety training will be considered an asset, but may be provided, including Forklift, WHMIS, Fall Arrest, First Aid & CPR, Lock Out/Tag Out, etc.
• Ability to work without supervision and to get along well with others
• Good organizational skills
• Appreciation of production environment and the sense of urgency required
• Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as required to accommodate equipment down times
We are currently looking for an Industrial Mechanic for our Lantz, NS operations. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for:
• Troubleshooting, problem solving and repair of pneumatic and hydraulic production equipment, including forklifts and other equipment.
• Providing advice and support to production employees who carry out preventative maintenance procedures on production equipment.
• Performing preventative maintenance on mid-sized or specialized equipment not maintained by production employees.
• Maintaining accurate maintenance records and keeping the preventative maintenance system up to date and accurate
• Working with and supports Stationary Engineers, Industrial Electricians, production employees and supervisors with troubleshooting, problem solving, repair, and maintenance of the physical plant and production equipment.
• Other mechanical duties as may be required to support and maintain production and the physical plant.
You will have the following qualifications:
• Nova Scotia Licensed Millwright-Industrial Mechanic
• Minimum three years of experience as an Industrial Mechanic, preferably in a production environment.
• Welding background is required
• Competent in computer skills, including the use of e-mail, the internet, MPS systems.
Consideration with be given to Apprentice and candidates with trade related experience.
You have a strong knowledge and practice of safe work habits and procedures at all times
You are exceptional with machining and precision measurement skills, mechanical trouble shooting and problem solving skills. You are customer focused and understand how to prioritize and multi-task with a sense of urgency when required. You are a team player and use your interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with your customers and your team.
Shaw Precast Solutions
As an integral part of the production team at Shaw Precast Solutions, the Drafting Technician is responsible for the production of engineering drawings for customized precast concrete products that are used in project planning and production. You will also provide support to our Shipping Department and contribute to the success of Shaw Precast with your professionalism and attention to detail. Enhance your career at one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies.
• Support Sales Department with preliminary diagrams, line-drawings, layouts, material estimates and quantity take-offs for the purpose of preparing project estimates, quotations and tender submissions
• Assist with the development of engineering specifications and drawings for customized precast products
• Quality checks of drawings ensuring detail and accuracy for both external customers and internal production staff
• Maintain electronic and hardcopy drawing files in an organized and accurate fashion
• Updating standard drawings and cataloguing new standard drawings as they are created
• Provide technical assistance to the Customer Service Department, Field Installation staff, and general customers inquiries as they relate to project drawings
• Other duties related to the sale, production, and delivery of precast products, as required
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Strong computer skills, AutoCAD 2013 or other drafting software
• Ability to use 3-D design feature in AutoCAD or other BIM software
• Ability to navigate and manage web based information sharing systems
• Strong attention to detail
• Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Desire to work in a team environment and ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability and willingness to work periodic overtime as required
• Valid driver’s license
Applications or resumes for these positions can be submitted to the Manager, Human Resources:
Confidential Fax: to 902-883-8151
In Person: 1101 Hwy 2, Lantz, NS
Please outline the position you are applying for.
Your interest in working with The Shaw Group is appreciated, and all applications will be given consideration. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.