Assistant Plant Operator
Shaw Resources Wood Pellet Plant Belledune, New Brunswick
Shaw Resources Belledune manufactures industrial wood pellets for export customers. We are currently seeking an individual to fill a position as an assistant operator on the production teams.
Participating in all aspects of operation of the Pellet Plant, including:
- Operating the drying & extrusion equipment
- Performing preventative maintenance tasks
- Assisting in mechanical repairs of any plant equipment
- Production Quality control testing
- Accurate record keeping and production reporting
- Maintaining a clean plant and Safe work environment,
- Trouble shooting and problem solving when production is not running at its best
- Safe and efficient operation of the front end loaders
- Other duties, as may be required.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- commitment to a safe work culture
- self-motivated, with the ability to work unsupervised and provide leadership when required
- experience in operating manufacturing process equipment
- mechanical aptitude & experience
- ability to work shifts in a 24/7 production schedule
- ability to work in a team environment
- experience in the safe and efficient operation of a front end loader
How to apply: send your resume or application on MS Word or pdf format to: email@example.com attention Amanda Penney
*Please note the position title in the subject line of your e-mail
Deadline for applications: June 10th, 2013
HIGHWAY TRACTOR DRIVER
SHAW TRANSPORT DIVISION
Position Purpose and Objectives
Required to drive tandem truck with a tag pup trailer and learn to operate a hitchhiker.
- Comply with legislation including safe operation, carriage of goods, driver’s hours of service, occupational health and safety, transportation of dangerous goods and weights and dimensions.
- Check vehicles before driving them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Record and maintain required documentation including driver logbook
- Communicate effectively with the public, customers, and co-workers
- Assist in loading and unloading of tractor
- Perform periodic inspections before, during, and after delivery to ensure that load is properly fastened down and is secure
- Ensure that material is properly protected from the outdoor elements
- Deliver product and proper paperwork in a courteous and timely manner
- Class One Driver’s License
- Customer Service Focused
- Time Management Skills
- Accountable and Reliable
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter to:
By e-mail in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax: (902) 883-8151
Please note the position title in the subject line of your e-mail