ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE ADMINISTRATOR
THE SHAW GROUP
The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada’s leading construction products manufacturer and community developer. The original member of Atlantic Canada’s Shaw Group of companies,
We are currently looking to for an Accounts Receivable Administrator to work in our Lantz, NS Head Office. Reporting to the General Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with the Controller and General Managers to maintain collection goals and general A/R performance levels.
- Processing, posting and reconciling customer payments.
- Ensuring the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the company and its customers.
- Creating collection strategies to mitigate customer objections.
- Investigating collection problems and communicating payment expectations with customers.
- Making arrangements for payment of outstanding and late accounts; escalating delinquent accounts to outside collection agency as necessary.
- Resolving billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
- Reviewing credit applications and making recommendations.
- Ensuring credit policies and procedures are followed according to established guidelines.
- Participating in continuous process improvement within the accounting group.
- Recommending modification to credit policy and procedures.
- Maintaining strong working knowledge of applicable regulations, legislation and compliance issues, and changes made.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years of accounts receivable with a solid understanding of accounting principles.
- Exceptional with attention to detail, time management and organizational skills.
- Strong communicator with proven results in accounts receivable.
- Strong proficiency with Accounting Software, adaptable and quick to learn new systems.
- Confidence in balancing assertive communication with a customer focussed attitude.
Why work for The Shaw Group?
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. If this sounds like the right fit for you please show your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on The Shaw Group of Companies and Shaw Brick please visit our website: www.shawgroupltd.com
The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada’s leading natural resource manufacturers and community developers. Shaw Resources is a division of the Shaw Group of Companies. Shaw Resources has developed a range of value-added natural resource based products in industrial minerals and wood pellets for industrial, commercial and retail markets. Quality products, processing expertise, and market knowledge have helped Shaw Resources sustain growth founded on innovation and new markets. We are currently looking for a Product Marketer who will focus on our consumer and industrial markets to join our Sales and Marketing team at Shaw Resources in Hardwoodlands, NS.
As an integral part of our team you will be responsible for:
- Building segment plans for key markets which may include, but not limited to, building supply, grocery/convenience, automotive supply, hearth dealers and mass merchants.
- Working in a team-based environment assisting in the development of strategies and leading implementation of tactics to maximize sales, market share and profitability.
- Conducting market research to help us better understands the competitive landscape, target markets, market and consumer insights, unmet customer needs.
- The positioning, segmentation, and consumer value proposition for our line of consumer products; developing and then executing go-to-market plans.
- Collateral development, promotional programs; marketing communication planning.
- Redevelop our online presence & develop social media strategy.
- Drive product adoption and usage through marketing campaigns, strategic product pricing, packaging design, sales training and collateral development.
- Plan and lead successful product launches; evaluate campaign effectiveness.
- Act as the voice and advocate of the customer, ensuring our products are viewed as adding delivering unsurpassed value.
You require the following qualifications:
- University degree or equivalent.
- 3 or more years of professional experience in consumer product marketing or product management. Experience in building supply industry considered an asset.
- Strong planning & organization skills.
- Strong consumer orientation with past experience working across consumer brands.s
- Deep understanding of website strategy and social media.
- Proven analytical abilities and market research skills.
- Ability to synthesize data into simple and intuitive communications.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Commitment to results; ability to incorporate new learning into existing plans and act decisively.
You are an entrepreneurial spirit who is confident in making decisions and is focused on getting results. You are a strong, honest and clear communicator who enjoys working in a collaborative atmosphere. At the same time, you don’t mind respectfully giving your opinion and being a strong voice. You take initiative and ownership of your role and you learn from your mistakes. Integrity, passion and exceptional customer focus are essential to the success of this role.
If you are interested in this career, opportunity, please email: email@example.com by November 30th, 2015.
If you are interested in applying for a position with The Shaw Group please submit your resume and cover letter:
Confidential Fax: to 902-883-8151
In Person: 1101 Hwy 2, Lantz, NS
Why work for our team?
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. And we like people with a “let’s get it done” attitude!